Purposes of Processing
What is personal data?
We collect information about you in a range of ways, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, an EU regulation (2016./679). This includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Why do we need your personal data?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to the iReferNow app and to allow your medical practitioners access to vital medical information. If you registered with us directly or indirectly through your medical practitioner, you will have been asked in writing to agree to provide this information. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time and have us erase all personal information, as well as to view and/or amend your personal data. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this Policy, please do not use our iReferNow app.
Collecting Your Personal Data : Patients
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give us or your Medical Practitioner. This includes:
- the personal data you provide when you register to use our app, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender) and any medical information required.
- All personal information that we retain on our servers, is encrypted.
- We may use your personal data as follows: as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We will share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We will share your personal data with third parties, eg medical practitioners where you have provided your consent to do so.
Collecting Your Personal Data : Medical Practitioners
Information You Give Us. This includes:
- The personal data you provide when you register to use our app, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, password, medical specialization and location of employment.
- Data you provide us will be retained on our servers until such time as you request erasure or at the latest, five (5) years after you stop using the Service.
- Using Your Personal Data We may use your personal data as follows: as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities.
International Data Transfer
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us outside the country in which you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By accepting this Policy, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
We will only retain your personal data as long as reasonably required for you to use the app until you close your account or request erasure unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
Our Policy on Children
Our app is not directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our servers as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your profile/account or by contacting us directly.
- Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us through the contact information listed, for our Data Protection Officer, on our website. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can and in any event, within 30 days. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us in writing or through our website.